10 Easy Camping Breakfast Ideas Without Cooking
Camping outdoors is one of the best ways to spend some quality time with family and friends. Not only that, but you get to be one with nature and experience the beautiful environment the world has to offer! A great activity to get some fresh air and exercise, camping is definitely something one should do at least once in their lifetime.
But camping does have a downside too, and cooking is one of them. For those who aren’t savvy with the pan and stove, it may be a difficult task making food when out in the grounds, especially if they can’t do it in the kitchen! With breakfast being the most important meal of the day to get you energized for the whole camping trip, one must be able to make a good and satisfying meal to ease their hunger and get them ready for the day ahead. Luckily, there are various no-cook breakfast recipes for camping.
Here are 10 easy camping breakfast ideas without cooking:
- Cereal with milk and fruit – A breakfast original, this is definitely a go-to when camping as it requires nothing but a bowl and spoon. All you need to do is mix in the cereal or granola with your preferred milk, chopped fruits, and seeds, and you’ll be filled up and energized for the day ahead.
- Peanut butter and banana sandwich – The good ‘ol Elvis Presley sandwich! Can be made in the camp grounds or at home to be packed, it’s a delicious combination with the saltiness of the peanut butter mixed with the sweetness of the fruit. Throw in a bit of honey and the perfectly toasted bread slices, and you’ve got a good way to start the day. Have it with a cup of milk, too!
- Energy bars – Now this is one of the best as it isn’t only a snack, but can be replaced as meals as well. With different flavors such as peanut butter or oatmeal, energy bars are what can get you filled without the frills of having to cook a whole meal. You save time, energy and effort, and you still get the energy and nutrients you need for your camping trip.
- Bagel sandwiches – Bagel sandwiches are delicious and can be packed easily. Not only that, but you’re also able to have it with different types of stuffing, may it be something sweet like strawberry jam, or something savory like ham or tuna! You can even purchase ready made bagel sandwiches before your camping trip to avoid the hassle of making your own on the day itself.
- Meat – Sausages, ham, or any type of ready-to-eat meat are great because they not only provide the protein to keep you satiated, they are also a yummy and filling meal that requires very little to no cooking whatsoever. All you need is the bread or rice to partner it with, and you’re good to go. Beef jerky makes a good breakfast companion as well, as its lightweight and needs no cooking or warming at all.
- Fruits – Dried fruits paired with seeds and nuts will keep you filled for the morning! Perfect for sweet tooths, pack it before your trip for less hassle and save more time with munching on these yummy treats! Sliced apples, bananas, strawberries, matched with almonds, walnuts and chia seeds, what more can you ask for?
- Yogurt – Yogurt is packed with protein and nutrients that are essential during your camping trip. Not only that, but they come in different flavors that will satisfy sweet tooths and those who love ice cream but want the lesser calories. You don’t need to have this alone, you can even pair it with cereal, granola, fruit, or any seeds! Easy to pack and requires only a spoon for eating, save time and effort by packing a few cartons of these delicious breakfast delights.
- Breakfast salads – With breakfast salads, they can easily be made at home and packed for your trip. With no cooking required, simply toss your ingredients in a container and add some good readymade dressing. The options and recipes are limitless, with you being able to choose the ingredients you want! From fruit salads with yogurt dressing to vegetables with vinaigrette, you’ll be able to create the best and filling breakfast salad suitable for your taste buds.
- Wraps or burritos – Just like sandwiches, these are easy to pack and travel well, being a light meal. Plus, the recipes are limitless and can be done at home to be warmed at the campfire in the morning. Choose from sausage and ham, peanut butter and jelly, or even tuna wraps!
- Instant oatmeal – Another classic breakfast idea, oatmeal is a filling meal filled with carbs to energize you throughout the day. Easy to cook, all you need is to open a pack and stir it with hot water and you’re good to go. With different flavors such as chocolate, bananas, milk, or apple cinnamon, you have a variety! You can even try savory flavors and add a pinch of salt and pepper as well.
With these 10 easy camping breakfast ideas without cooking, you’ll be able to have fun in the camping grounds without the hassle or difficulty of having to prepare your meals. Simply take it out of your backpack, warm it up or place it in a container, and eat it up. Add a cup of coffee or instant hot chocolate as well to complete your meal!
You can easily find no-cook recipes for breakfast salads and sandwiches online, or you can tweak and make a recipe yourself, suitable to your taste buds. You can also purchase the right and nutritious brands of cereal, oatmeal, or yogurt online or in your local supermarket. With the right meals and food choices, you’ll be able to feel satiated and energized for the day ahead. Enjoy your camping trip and have a fun time and still eat well with these 10 easy camping breakfast ideas without cooking!