Best Beach Tent: Definitive Guide For Your Sun Shelter
If you enjoy the outdoors, especially the beach, a tent is one of the best additions to your gear. With the best beach tent, you will have a temporary shelter, which can be beneficial in more ways than one. You can sleep inside if you feel too hot under the heat of the sun and you can also use it for keeping your things. It is a multipurpose tent that will surely prove to be a great investment.
If you are looking for the best tent for beach camping, prepare to be overwhelmed with the endless possibilities that you will be confronted with. Does this mean that you can buy just any product? No! You should be responsible enough to differentiate the options. Keep on reading the rest of this guide and we’ll let you know the essential factors to consider, as well as the top brands and models that are available in the market.
Why You Should Have a Beach Tent
There are many good reasons why you might want to consider buying a beach tent. Below are some of the things that can compel you to have one:
- Take a Break from the Sun: We love the beach because we love the sun. But, admit it, there are some instances wherein it gets too hot. If you want to temporarily get out of the sun while at the beach, you can just go inside the tent.
- Enjoy Privacy: There are times wherein we feel like the beach is too crowded and that all eyes are on you. With this, a beach tent is beneficial if you want privacy. For instance, if you want to take a nap or change into your swimwear, you can easily do so while you are inside the tent.
- Convenient Storage: Another good reason to have a beach tent is to have a place where you can store your valuables. It will not be exposed to the public, and hence, there will be a lesser likelihood that someone will attempt to steal it.
- Protect your Food: Beach camping will not be as fun without good food. A beach tent can be a good investment because it protects food from external elements, especially from the heat of the sun. It will minimize the possibility of spoilage.
Choosing the Best Beach Tent
Below are some of the most important factors that should be given emphasis as you try to narrow down the options for the best beach camping tent:
- Design: Beach tents are available in a wide array of styles. Your needs and personal preferences will dictate which one is the best. There are beach tents with three walls and an opening. There are others, meanwhile, that only have roof and completely open on the sides.
- Size: Are you heading to the beach on your own, with your partner, or with friends? This will dictate the right size of the tent that you should choose. Keep in mind that larger tents can be heavier.
- Ease of Assembly: It is also important to choose a beach tent that is easy to assemble. Minimal time and effort must be required to have it erected. All of the parts, including tent stakes, should be provided. The manufacturer must also provide detailed instructions.
- Material: This is critical as it will be indicative of the durability and functionality of the tent. Some of the most popular materials include polyester and nylon. Make sure that it is waterproof. It will be good if it is also puncture-resistant to make it long-lasting. Also, pay attention to the material that is used in the pole and see to it that it will not be easily blown by the wind.
- Warranty: This is essential if you want to have peace of mind. It is great if the manufacturer is offering lifetime warranty, although this is seldom the case. If the product proves to be defective, within the warranty period, it can be replaced by the manufacturer or they can issue a refund.
Top Picks for the Best Beach Tent
Still have no idea which one to buy? In this section, you will learn some of the top options that are available in the market.
Among other things, the Easy Up Hub System is one of the most commendable about this product. It comes with a smart design that makes it user-friendly. This will allow you to assemble the tent in a snap.
The extra-large size of the tent is also a plus. This means that there will be a lot of room for you to move around and you can also keep more things. Despite its size, however, it is a good thing that it is lightweight, making it excellent for portability.
Design-wise, it is a good thing that it comes with an interior pocket that will serve as excellent storage for small things, such as your mobile phone.
Lastly, it comes with fiberglass frame, which does not only exhibit minimal weight, but can also prove to be long-lasting.
- Designed with inside pockets
- Effortless to assemble
- Comes with an affordable price
- Fabric can easily get hot
- A bit small
Looking for a beach tent that will be effortless to assemble? If yes, this is one option that you might want to include in your list of alternatives. It has a revolutionary compression hub system that makes it user-friendly.
Another thing that we loved about this tent is the presence of three mesh windows on the side walls. With the latter, you can expect optimal comfort as it can deliver generous ventilation. Even if you are inside the tent, you will not feel too hot.
The full-front porch is also impressive. This extends the floor space to the outside of the tent, providing a large covered surface.
- High ceiling design
- Made from sturdy materials
- Provides excellent ventilation
- Floor can get hot
- Comes with only three sand pockets
This pop-up tent will be effortless to set-up, although taking it down can be a bit of a challenge. Once it is unfolded, it will erect on its own. There is no need to deal with complicated poles.
If you are looking for protection from the heat of the sun, this can also be impressive as it comes with three walls. To add, there is a large opening in the front.
It is also a good thing that it has UV-resistant coating. You can be confident that it will be able to offer excellent protection from the heat of the sun.
- Comes with an instructional DVD
- Pop-up design for ease of assembly
- Can be tricky to fold
- A bit unstable
If you want protection from the heat of the sun, this can be an excellent choice. One of its most notable features is 190T nylon construction. The latter makes it durable and at the same time, provides protection from the harsh sun rays.
Ease of setup is another thing that you might love about this product. As per the specifications from the manufacturer, it will only take two seconds to have it ready and five seconds to take it down.
Lastly, it has an excellent tent floor. It is impressive when it comes to safety as it is fire-retardant.
- Compact and lightweight
- Durable construction
- Waterproof floor
- Limited size
- Minimal ventilation inside
This beach tent is made by Coleman, a company that is known for its tough outdoor products. This is already a good reason to be convinced that it can deliver a lot of benefits.
The zippered design is one thing that you might find impressive in this product. This can be excellent when it comes to privacy. This means that you can use it as a changing room.
When it is unzipped, on the other hand, the door can be transformed into an extended floor space. This will provide you with a front porch.
Lastly, there is a carrying bag that will make it easy to organize everything, including the stakes. This will minimize the likelihood of losing small parts.
- Excellent for privacy
- Comes with SPF 50+
- Durable construction
- No built-in pole
- Can be hot inside
From the products that we have mentioned above, which will make an excellent choice for the best beach tent? If you were to ask for my personal opinion, I believe that it would be Pacific Breeze Easy Up Beach Tent Deluxe XL. The large size of the tent makes it a roomy companion for your next beach trip. It is also made from excellent materials, which are exceptional when it comes to durability. There is a pocket inside to keep your valuables. Best of all, it comes with a reasonable price, making it an ideal pick even for budget-conscious buyers.