Best Camping Bunk Beds: A Comfortable Sleep Even in the Campsite
Nowadays, it is no longer acceptable to say that you do not want to go camping because you are afraid that you will have an uncomfortable sleep. With the innovative products that are available in the market, such as portable bunk beds for camping, your comfort is not a thing that you should be worried about.
Are you on the lookout for the best camping bunk beds? If you are clueless on which one will make the best pick, keep on reading the rest of this post. We will help you choose a product that is guaranteed to make you love camping.
Benefits of Camping Bunk Beds
Do you really need bunk bed camping cots? Below are some of the reasons that can convince you to invest in one:
- Space-efficient: This is perhaps the best thing about having camping bunk beds. Just like in the case of bunk beds for bedrooms, the vertical sleeping space will allow you to save a lot of space.
- Portable: A lot of you may be hesitant on the idea of using a bunk bed for camping, thinking that it is expensive. The ones that are portable, on the other hand, are made from lightweight frames and cots, which will make them easy to carry with you.
- Versatile: Another good thing about a portable camping bunk bed is that it can be used in more ways than one. You can use it not only as a bed, but also as a seat. In some cases, you can also separate the beds to form two individual cots.
Choosing the Best Bunk Beds for Camping
As you try to narrow down the possibilities in the market, below are some of the most important factors that you have to consider:
- Size: To determine the right size of the bunk bed for your needs, it is important to consider the user. Obviously, one that will be used by adults should be larger than those that are made for kids. Also, choose one that is larger if you want more space as you sleep.
- Weight: Since it is going to be used for camping, pick a lightweight bunk bed.The frame should be made from materials that will not add too much weight in your camping gear. Otherwise, it will be a burden to carry it with you.
- Comfort: This is another critical consideration in your search for the best within the product category. Even without mattress, the cot must be comfortable. It will be good if there is an ample amount of open space, which will make it possible to offer excellent ventilation for a more comfortable sleep.
- Versatility: Choose a camping bunk bed that can be used in more ways than one. Obviously, they can all provide you with an area for sleeping. For the best bang for the buck, on the other hand, choose one that can be used even in the playroom or when kids have sleepovers in other houses. Some can also be converted into a seat and individual cots.
- Organizer: This is one thing that is not present in all camping bunk beds. An organizer is a good add-on because provide an additional space where you can store your personal items. Both the bottom and top bunks must have this.
- Materials: You need to consider the materials that are used, especially for the frame. Aluminum is a good choice because it is lightweight and affordable. See to it that the material, especially for the frame, can resist rust and corrosion, providing you with the guarantee that it will be able to deliver long-term functionality.
- Bag: As much as possible, choose a portable bunk bed that comes with its own bag. This will make it easy for you to make sure that all the pieces are well-kept. This will also make it easy to transport the bed to the campsite.
- Warranty: It is also important to pick one that comes with an extensive warranty coverage. This means that if it ever becomes defective, the manufacturer will offer free repair and replacement of defective parts. This is as long as the problem is not your fault and if you have satisfied the terms and conditions specified.
- Reviews: At the end of the day, if you still cannot decide which one will make the top choice, it would be best to go online and learn from the feedbacks of other people. The experiences of other users will make it easy for you to narrow down the possibilities.
Top Picks for the Best Camping Bunk Beds
Below, we will identify five of the best brands and models available in the market, as well as some of the features that give them a distinct advantage above others within the competition.
This may not be the cheapest product in the market, but its price is reasonable, especially considering the benefits that you can expect. This is a camping bunk bed for kids, which is why expect that it is a bit small, although it can still be heavy. It is also excellent because of the versatility that it offers. More than just being a bunk bed, you can also use it as a sitting bench or two individual beds. Whether for indoor or outdoor use, this will prove to be an exceptional product. Lastly, it is also worth noting that you can assemble the bunk bed without using any tool and within a few minutes.
- Reasonable price
- Durable construction
- Too small for some users
Among others, one thing that we loved the most about this bunk bed is the fact that it comes with an aluminum frame. The latter does not only withstand the test of time, but it is also lightweight. For this reason, this product is hard to rival when it comes to portability. To add, it comes with 28-inch sleeping area, which is wide enough for most users, even for adults. There are also side organizers, which will let you easily keep your things as you sleep in the campsite. The absence of a mid-bar is also a good feature, which allows it to mimic an actual bed. For sure, even when you are far from home, you will have a comfortable sleep.
- Easy to assemble
- Comfortable sleeping surface
- Excellent customer service
- A bit heavy
- Chair can easily fall apart
This is similar to the bed that has been mentioned above, but the difference is that it comes with leg extensions. With the latter, it will be good even for taller people. This cot system is madein such a way that it will easily fit in most tents. The quality of the frame is also worth highlighting, especially in terms of its durability. It is powder-coated and rust-resistant. Also, it is a good thing that the sleeping deck has a width of 28 inches, which will provide an ample amount of space for air circulation, guaranteeing a comfortable sleep.
- Has space for personal things
- Ideal for taller users
- High-quality frame
- Too expensive
- Canvass can easily depress
The extra-large size of this camping bunk bed is a two-edged sword. It is a good thing that there is generous space, which means that there will be more than enough room for you to move around during your sleep. However, because it is huge, this also means that the bed is bulky and heavy. Looking at its features, one that deserves to be highlighted is the no-tool assembly, which simplifies its installation. Right out of the box, with little effort and time to spare, the bed will be ready. Also, it should be noted that every cot has a weight capacity of up to 500 pounds.
- Effortless installation
- Large size
- Locking mechanism can be faulty
- Poles can easily separate
This is basically the same as the portable bunk bed that has been mentioned above, with the only difference being the fact that it comes with organizers and leg extensions. The top and bottom bunks have their own organizers, providing you with a personal space to keep your stuff. With the leg extensions, on the other hand, you will be able to enjoy an additional height of up to 7 inches, which is perfect for taller campers. The sleeping surface is extra-large, which makesit comfortable. This is the case even without the need to top it with a mattress.
- Has an organizer and leg extension
- Durable frame
- Easy to assemble
- Bulky and heavy
- Expensive price
From the products that we have briefly reviewed above, if there is only one that I can personally recommend, I would say that it is Disc-O Bed Youth Kid-O-Bunk with Organizers. Made specifically for kids, it has a durable frame and can be assembled within a short span of time. Best of all, this will make sure that campers will have a comfortable sleep.