Best Camping Duffel Bag: Your Packing Companion for your Adventures
There are different types of bags that you can use for camping. The most common is a backpack. If you want to be different, on the other hand, you might want to consider the best camping duffel bag. The cylindrical design of the bag is one of its best assets, allowing you to easily get your things, even while it is strapped in your shoulder.
Are you looking for a camping duffel bag? We are here to make things easier for you. If you are having a hard time deciding which one to purchase, here is a short video that will help you to come up with the right decision.
Why you need a Camping Duffel Bag ?
The following are some of the compelling reasons to choose duffle bag for camping:
- Generous Space: Have you ever wondered why the military still prefers to use the traditional duffel bag? One of the reasons for such is because duffel bags offer more storage space compared to backpacks.
- No Back Problems: One of the most common problems when using when using backpacks is that they can lead to backpain. Because a duffel bag is strapped on your shoulder, this should not be a problem. You can place it alternately on both sides to prevent shoulder pain.
- Stylish: There are different styles of duffel bags that are available. Regardless of your personality, there is a design that will be suitable for your needs and personal preferences.
How To Choose the Best Camping Duffel Bag
To narrow down the possibilities and to be more confident of making the right choice, the following are some of the important factors that should be taken into consideration:
- Waterproofing: This should be on the top of the list of considerations. Choose only waterproof camping duffel bag. This will provide the protection that is needed for your things to keep dry even when it rains.
- Material: This is an important consideration as this will have a direct impact on the quality and durability of the duffel bag. Polyurethane is the most popular material, which is known for being long-lasting and water-resistant. Ballistic nylon is another material that is equally promising.
- Size or Capacity: Determine how long you will be in the campsite to know the right size that is perfect for your duffel bag. If you will be spending only a night, a small bag is more than enough. If you will be there for a couple of days and if you have to bring a lot of camping stuff, choose a bigger duffel bag so that there will be room for your things.
- Strap: This is one thing that is ignored by many people. It is important for the strap to be adjustable, allowing you to have it customized. It will also be good if there is a part that is cushioned, which will make it more comfortable, even after an extended period of use.
- Ease of Cleaning: This will depend on the material that is used. Polyurethane is a good choice because all that you need is to wipe it with a damp cloth. Those that are made from canvas, on the other hand, needs to be hand-washed.
- Style: There are many duffel bags that are not only used for camping. It can also be a good sports bag for athletes or even a gym bag. With this, choose one that comes with an appealing or casual style.
Duffel Bag Packing Tips
Below are some of the things that can help you to pack properly:
- One of the most basic tips is to place heavier items first. Shoes and blankets, among others, should be at the bottom. This will make sure that the bottom part is flat and won’t be crushed since there are lighter items on the top.
- Also, low priority items should be at the bottom. This is especially true if you will be hiking on the way to the campsite. You won’t want to go through everything on the top just to access one thing that you need.
- The use of packing cubes will also be a good idea. The latter will be effective in terms of compression, hence, providing you with more interior space. To add, it also helps to be more organized when you need to take out something from the bag.
- Do not forget the first aid kit. Whether it is a duffel bag or any other bag, be sure to be prepared for the emergencies that you can experience when in the campsite.
Top Picks for the Best Duffel Bag
In this section, we will briefly look at five of the top options in the market, as well as some of their most notable features.
The mere fact that this is made by North Face can already provide you with a good reason to have it considered above all others. Among other things, you will love its rugged construction, which allows the bag to withstand the test of time. It is also a good thing that it comes with convertible strap, which means that you can use it not only as a duffel bag, but also as a backpack. It is also a good thing that there is a mesh sleeve pocket, which provides additional storage space. The U-shaped zipper is also a plus, making it easier to access your things from inside the bag.
- Durable construction
- Made by a trusted brand
- Versatile design
- Smaller size than advertised
- Straps can be hard to detach
With 50-liter capacity, this is another bag that will make an excellent companion in the campsite. It has a roomy interior, which will allow you to bring more as you head to your outdoor adventure. There are multiple pockets on the front and on the sides, allowing you to bring more. There is also a two-way closure on the zippered top, making it easy to get your things inside the bag. The large main compartment can keep not only your clothes, but even a laptop, in case you decide to bring in in the campsite.
- Large space
- Made from high-quality canvas
- Padded strap
- Cleaning can be difficult
- Strap can easily break
If you are looking for a duffel bag that will be excellent for light-duty use, this is one option that should be on the top of your list. Among others, you will love the Dura-Coated exterior, which provides superior protection from water and heat. You can be confident that whatever is inside the bag will be protected from external elements. It has a detachable cross-body strap if you want to use it as a duffle. Otherwise, you can just hold it through the smaller handle.
- Affordable size
- Roomy interior
- Made from long-lasting material
- Not for heavy items
- Poor-quality stitching
If there is one thing that you might find to be impressive in this product, it would be the fact that it is made using 900D polyester. It is incorporated with water-proof lining, which will provide you with the assurance that your things will remain dry. There is also a detachable strap, which comes with thick padding. This will make it easy and comfortable to carry the bag. Lastly, you might also love how it can be folded down into a pouch. This pouch, when the bag is unfolded, doubles as an interior pocket.
- Roomy interior space
- Affordable price
- Comfortable strap
- Not appealing
- Small handle strap
This is another bag that is excellent when it comes to versatility. While it is marketed primarily as a duffel bag, it also comes with straps that will allow you to convert it into a backpack. Plus, there are also convenient side handles. The Bi-Tech Armor Lite technology that is incorporated in this bag is another feature that is worth highlighting. The latter makes sure that it is made from a material that is meant to stay in its peak condition even through the years.
- Made from a durable material
- Has several compartments and pockets
- Can be configured in different ways
- No sternum strap
- Zippers may feel flimsy
By now, we hope that you have learned a thing or two about choosing the best camping duffel bag. At the end of the day, it is not just all about price. There are other important considerations, such as the materials used, durability, weather-resistance style, and interior space, among other things.
From the five products that have been briefly discussed above, if there is only one that I can personally recommend, it would be The North Face Base Camp Duffel. It is made by one of the best names for outdoor products, which is why you can be confident that its durability will be hard to rival. It is a long-lasting bag that comes with a versatile design. For sure, it can provide the best bang for the buck.