A Guide on the Top Picks for the Best Portable Electric Stove for Camping
Camping is a fun activity and one of the perfect opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. However, it is undeniable that this is also one thing dreaded by many, which is basically because of the discomfort that you can experience, such as not having a plush bed to sleep on and a fully-equipped kitchen to prepare your food. In the case of the latter, having the best portable electric stove for camping can be beneficial in more ways than one.
To complete your camping gear, you should have an electric camping stove. Choose one that is designed specifically for camping, which means that it should be portable enough so that you can bring it with you wherever you go. If you have no idea on which one makes the right choice or how to evaluate the options in the market, keep on reading the rest of this post.
Benefits of Portable Electric Stove
Do you really need an electric camping stove? A lot of people may think that this is an unnecessary expense. In reality, it can deliver a wide array of benefits, including those that will be mentioned below:
- Portability: This is obviously the best thing about a portable electric stove for camping. This means that you can easily bring this to different places, not just in the campsite. It is often lightweight and compact, but this will depend on the specific model that you will choose.
- Quickly Heats Up: Another good thing is that you do not have to wait for a long time before it will heat up. Most stoves have power ranging from 200 to 1800 watts, which will have an effect on how quickly it is before the stove can be ready for cooking.
- Safe: Compared to other types of camping stoves, electric stoves are generally safer. This is because there is no open flame. You also need to use a special type of cookware to make it generate heat.
- Easy to Clean: When it comes to cleaning and maintenance, you have another good reason to choose a portable electric stove over other counterparts. This is basically because there are fewer moving parts.
Essential Factors to Consider
Still having a hard time choosing the best portable electric stove for camping? Below are some of the most important factors to take into account, making it easier for you to narrow down the possibilities:
- Materials: You should consider this since it will be indicative of durability and functionality. Some of the most common materials include cast iron, stainless steel, and brushed stainless steel. It is good if the material can resist rusting, such as stainless steel.
- Safety: While electric portable stovesare safe, there are some features that will make them safer. Some of the most important include automatic shut-off, overheat sensor, and child lock. These features will lessen the tendency that it will start a fire.
- Ease of Cleaning: It is important that you exert effort to clean your portableelectric stove, which will be vital for its durability. See to it that minimal effort will be required in terms of cleaning and maintenance. Most of these stoves can be cleaned with a rag.
- Features: The more advanced the features are, the more expensive the portable stove will be. It is good if there is a timer, which will let you set its functionality based on the duration that is desired. An electronic control panel will also be good, which will make it easy to monitor the functioning of the stove.
- Energy Efficiency: Obviously, these stoves use electricity as the source of power. You might want to choose one that uses less power, but this could also mean that it is less powerful.
- Burners: This refers to the number of burners that are in the stove. For portability, a single burner electric stove is preferred. However, there are also some models that have two burners, yet they are compact and lightweight.
- Reviews: Last, but not the least, you should also find time to seek for the opinions of other people. Online reviews will help you to narrow down the possibilities, allowing you to weigh the pros and cons of the different models available.
Safety Tips to Keep in Mind
It is not enough that you have the best portable electric stove for camping. It is also important that you are aware of how it can be used safely. With this, the following are some of the most important things to keep in mind:
- Read the instructions from the manufacturer and follow only what is stated in the manual.
- Use only the cookware that is prescribed. If not, this will minimize efficiency of heat transfer, and worse, can also possibly compromise safety.
- Do not let children use the electric stove on their own. At all times, adult supervision is necessary.
- You should also regularly clean the stove, especially under the burners. It is possible that bits of foods will remain on the surface and this can be a risk of fire.
- Always keep a watchful eye when you are cooking in the campsite.
Top Picks for the Best Portable Electric Stove for Camping
Still clueless about which electric camping stove will make the best choice? Stop wondering. Below are five of the products you might want to consider.
With 15-amp electricity, this can be an excellent choice if you are looking for a portable camping stove that can deliver reliable power. With this, you can expect that it will not take long before it becomes hot.
This can also be an excellent choice if you are looking for portability. This is because of 10 heat levels that are available, which you can easily set depending on the intended application. You can choose from 200 to 1,800 watts.
If you are concerned about your safety, you have another good reason to love this model. It has an automatic shutoff feature, which allows it to power off on its own once it is done cooking. It comes with an automatic pan detection. Meaning, when it detects that there is no pan within a minute, it will turn off.
For your convenience, it comes with a timer. You can set it to increments of 5 minutes up to a maximum of 170 minutes.
Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, it is a lightweight stove. You can easily bring it in your camping trips without worry that it will add weight and bulk to your backpacking gear.
- Lightweight and compact
- Effortless to clean
- Heats up quickly
- Control panel can get hot
- Cooking surface is a bit limited
Looking for a dependable cooking companion in your camping adventures? You might want to look at this product. One thing that I personally lovedis the 1300-watt heating capacity, which will make it quick and easy for you to prepare a variety of dishes even without a fully-functioning kitchen.
When it comes to its overall construction, you might also find this to be an impressive choice. One reason for this is the cast iron plate, which is known for its durability. This makes it able to produce heat quickly and retains such for an extended period.
The brushed stainless steel housing is also a plus. I loved how elegant it looks, and more importantly, it is also durable.
There is an adjustable thermostat that is strategically-positioned for ease of use. This will make it a snap for you to adjust the level of heat depending on what is needed for a specific cooking application.
- Stable base
- Powerful motor
- Durable construction
- Heating element looks small
- Easily gets hot
Compared to the four other products that have been mentioned in this guide, this model comes with a double burner. This makes it the perfect choice if you want to cook more within a short span of time. You might also love it if you often camp with a large group.
The two cast iron plates of this stove are well-constructed, which will make it last for a long time. The large plate has a heating capacity of up to 1,300 watts while the smaller plate can only heat up to 500 watts. Both burners have an adjustable thermostat that will allow you to customize the level of heat based on what you need.
The rubberizedfeet is also a good design feature in this portable stove. This will make it stable in a variety of surfaces, which will also be vital when it comes to safety.
Lastly, it has a brushed stainless steel body. This is not only beautiful, but it can also be durable. It is not easily prone to scratches, making it a snap to retain it in its tip-top shape even through the years.
- Comes with double burners
- Heavy-duty construction
- Easy to clean
- Heavy and bulky
- Expensive price
If budget is an important concern, you might love this electric stove. One thing that we loved about this is that it comes with an affordable price. This is perfect for those who are new to camping or for those who do not want to spend a lot for their camping gear.
Despite its cheap price, however, I believe that it demonstrates decent quality. Its simplicity is one thing that you might find impressive. It has a small knob on the front, which will make it easy to adjust the heat in three settings.
The space-saving design of this stove is another good thing. This is compact and lightweight, which means that you can easily bring it with you in your chosen camping destination. It won’t be too much of an additional weight to your gear.
Lastly, the design of the coil is also impressive. It is made in such a way that it will evenly distribute heat to your cookware. With the latter, you can be assured of proper cooking as all parts will be heated properly.
- Durable construction
- Affordable price
- Several heat settings
- Tends to produce a lot of smoke
- Takes a long time to cool down
If you believe that brand name is tantamount to the quality of the product, this is one option that you might appreciate. It is made by Cuisinart, one of the most popular companies in the market for kitchen appliances. This can make you confident about its functionality.
It is small and compact, which will allow you to bring it easily wherever you will be heading. This makes cooking in the campsite more convenient, even if there is no complete kitchen in the area.
You might also love it because of its simplicity. It is user-friendly. There is a single knob that you have to turn to start heating. You can choose from six heat settings. There is also an indicator light to provide you with an immediate notification when it is ready to be used.
Lastly, another praise-worthy feature of this product is the coil-less cooking surface. The latter is easier to clean compared to traditional coil.
- Made by a trusted brand
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to clean
- Heating surface seems uneven
- May take long to heat
In sum, your search for the best portable electric stove for camping, making the right choice is not an easy feat. There are many manufacturers claiming they have the best product, but do not just believe their claims. Be sure to do your research and exert effort to differentiate the possibilities.
From the five products above, if there is one that I can personally recommend, it is Secura 8100MC 1,800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner. It has a high heat output, which will guarantee quick cooking in the campsite, even if you do not have a fully-equipped kitchen.