Best Tent Air Conditioner : Stay Cool while in the Campsite
For a lot of people, camping is not one thing that excites them in particular. Some even dread the idea, thinking that it can lead to discomfort. While the latter can indeed be true, at the end of the day, it all depends on how you prepare for it. Today, there is a wide selection of high-quality products that will make camping a more luxurious experience. Among others, one that you might want to have is the best tent air conditioner.
Today, air-conditioners that are used for camping are available in a wide array of shapes and sizes. Their prices are also different depending on the specific product that will be chosen. Which one makes the top pick? If you are clueless on what to buy, keep on reading the rest of this post and we’ll let you know some of the most important considerations and the best products you can find in the market.
Benefits of Tent Air Conditioner
If you have not yet bought a tent air conditioner and if you are often camping, you are probably not aware of some of the benefits that it can deliver.
- Portability: This is perhaps the best thing about a tent air conditioner. It will be effortless to move the unit from one place to another. Even if you have to load it in your car and unload it in the campsite, it is not going to be too much of a burden.
- Space-Efficiency: Most tents are limited in terms of space that is available. With this, a tent air conditioner is an excellent investment because it takes a small space. This means that the tent will have more available space for you to move and keep your gears.
- No Complex Installation: Simplicity can give you another good reason to choose this type of air conditioner. All that you need is an exit for the exhaust and you are all good to go. Many models have simple controls, making it straightforward to operate.
- Energy Efficiency: There is no need to worry about the energy consumption of portable air conditioners. With this, you can expect that the operating cost will also be lower. It is also efficient since you can easily focus cooling in a desired area.
- Versatility: Another compelling reason to buy a tent air conditioner is the fact that it can be used beyond camping. Depending on the power of the unit, you can use it for cooling a small room or even the garage.
Essential Factors to Consider
As you try to differentiate one model from the other, it is important to take into consideration the factors that will be mentioned below:
- Power: The first thing you have to do is to think about the power of the portable air conditioner, which will be indicative of the performance of the unit. One of the technical specifications you should check is BTU or British Thermal Unit. The higher the number is, the cooler it gets.
- Maintenance: You also have to pay attention on how the unit will be cleaned and maintained. This should be easy on your part. It will increase the likelihood that it will be able to deliver long-term functionality.
- Water Removal: One of the important features is a self-evaporating system. This refers to the recycling of water condensation. In some units, however, there is a tank that collects water from evaporation and you need to have it manually emptied every now and then.
- Ease of Use: For a portable air conditioner to be user-friendly, it is important that it comes with simple controls. It must be effortless to use the unit, including making the necessary adjustments as desired.
- Other Features: Aside from those that have been mentioned above, below are other features you should look for:
- Wheels: The unit should have smooth-rolling wheels, making it easy to move it from one place to another. You must also be able to lock the wheel so that it will stay stable.
- Remote Control: This is important for your convenience, allowing you to control the unit even from a distance.
- Louvres: With this feature, you will be able to direct airflow in a specific direction. They are manually-adjusted and there are also some wherein the louvres are oscillating for better distribution of cool air.
- Operating Modes: If you want versatility, be sure to find a product that offers several modes. For instance, you must be able to choose from cool or fan only. Some have a smart mode, which will adjust the functionality of the air conditioner based on the temperature inside the tent.
Top Picks for the Best Tent Air Conditioner
If you are still clueless about the best tent air conditioner for camping, below are five products worth considering, as well as some features that make them exceptional.
The expensive price of this portable air conditioner might instantly discourage many people. Taking a look at its features, however, you will realize that it can be exceptional in more ways than one. It has 12,000 BTU, which is good enough for a space that is as huge as 450 square feet. The auto evaporation design is also exceptional, which means that there is no dripping and you won’t have to use a bucket. The digital display is also exceptional, which is made even better by the feather-touch control panel.
- Impressive cooling capacity
- Easy to transfer to another place
- Can be used even at home
- Expensive price
- Customer support could be better
The mere fact that this is a 10,000 BTU portable air conditioner is already a compelling reason to choose it above all others. This will be more than enough for a room that is 300 square feet. Most large tents will not even be bigger than the latter! It also has self-evaporative system, which means that there is no need for frequent emptying of a water tank. For versatility, it is a good thing that there are three operating modes that are available. You can choose from air conditioner, dehumidifier, or fan. The antibacterial silver ion filter, which is washable and easy to remove, is another feature worth highlighting in this product.
- Durable construction
- Cools the tent in a short time
- Easy to Use
- A bit heavy for some people
- Can make a loud noise
Made by one of the most popular brands in the marketplace, this model comes with 8,000 BTU, which is pretty much decent for camping. The inclusion of a well-designed remote makesit impressive, especially when it comes to convenience of changing functions. The LED Digital Display is also exceptional, allowing you to easily monitor the functioning of the unit. The sturdy air filter, which you can easily slide from the side, is another good feature. It is easy to clean and it can last for a long time.
- Tent can get cold within a few minutes
- Operates quietly
- User-friendly operation
- Some issues with electrical system
- Louvres can be quite hard to adjust
One of the best things about this product is that it is not only a portable air conditioner, but it can also be used as a dehumidifier, which will help improve indoor air quality. It is also a good thing that it comes with a programmable timer that you can set to up to 12 hours. The carbon filter is also an excellent addition in the product. With the latter, it can effectively screen the impurities in the air. This is also excellent in preventing allergies. Lastly, it comes with well-designed caster wheels, which will allow the unit to roll out smoothly.
- Has different fan speeds
- Also functions as a dehumidifier
- Space-efficient design
- Quite expensive
- Not as durable as others
This 12,000 BTU portable air conditioner is perfect for cooling tents that are up to 525 square feet, which is big enough. The full function remote makes it a breeze to control its different functions. For personalized comfort, on the other hand, you canselect from three cooling and fan speeds. There is also a 24-hour timer, which can be excellent for convenience. Lastly, it has directional casters, which will help improve its mobility despite the fact that it can be quite heavy.
- Adjustable fan speed
- Four wheels for mobility
- Self-contained cooling
- Can be too loud
What is the best tent air conditioner? From the five products that have been discussed above, I would say that Honeywell MN Series 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with remote Control in Black is one of the best picks. It comes with an elegant and user-friendly design. Best of all, it has powerful cooling performance. It might be expensive, but the price will surely be worth it!