Best Tent for Camping with Dogs: Portable Shelter for You and Your Canine Friend
Camping can be a lot of fun, especially when you do it with your best buddy. In the case of some people, the best companion for camping trips is not a human, but a dog. I am sure that all of my canine-loving friends would have to agree with this. Many of us are too attached with our dog to the point that we want them to enjoy the outdoors as well.
What is the best tent for camping with dogs? If you are asking this question, keep on reading the rest of this post and we will let you know the answer. In this guide, we will not only identify five of the best products that are available in the market, but we will also share with you some tips on how to make camping fun and easy with your canine friends.
Benefits of Camping with Dogs
Some people might think that you are crazy for bringing your dogs in the campsite. In reality, however, it can offer an abundance of benefits, including those that we will briefly tackle below:
- Fun for You and Your Pet: If you are going camping on your own, bringing a dog with you is a good idea. You will never be bored as there will be someone to keep you entertained.
- Good for your Dog’s Health: Just like humans, dogs will enjoy the outdoors. A breath of fresh air will be good for them. Plus, this is a good way to let them enjoy physical activity that will help in keeping their body healthy.
- Feel at Home: Another good thing about camping with your dog is that you will not feel away from home. You can do the same things you use to do with your pet.
- Safety and Security: If your dog makes you feel secured when you are at home, they will do the same thing when you are in the campsite. They can provide you with warning of an upcoming danger, such as thieves and stray animals.
- Save Money: You do not need to pay a dog sitter if you bring your pet with you, especially if there is no family or friend who can take care of your pet while you are away.
- Have Peace of Mind: Who will feed your dog at home if you are in the campsite? Just bring your dog with you and there is no need to worry.
Essential Factors to Consider
As you look for the best tent for camping with dogs, the following are some of the most important things that should be taken into account:
- Size: This should be on the top of your considerations. See to it that there is enough space not only for you and your camping gear, but also your dog.
- Comfort: It is also important that the tent must offer proper ventilation. Dogs might end up being irritable if they are in an enclosed space, which makes it critical to make sure of optimal air circulation.
- Ease of Cleaning: Whether it is dog hair or litter, it is important that the tent is effortless to clean, making it easy to maintain its peak condition.
- Ease of Setup: Similar to the tent that you would bring when your dog is not with you, make sure that the assembly of the tent will be effortless.
Tips in Camping with Dogs
Aside from choosing the right tent, the following are other important things that you have to keep in mind:
- Make sure that your dog is ready for the camping trip. Vaccinations are important. See to it as well that you have the complete papers.
- Check the regulations in the campsite. Make sure that they allow dogs.
- Pay attention to what your dog needs, especially their food. Make sure as well to bring toys that they can play with when in the campsite.
- It is also important to practice proper camping etiquette. Be sure to clean up the litter of your dog.
- Make sure that your dog is well-behaved. You must be able to control their barking and they should not be aggressive when around strangers. Otherwise, do not bring your dog as it can only be a nuisance for other campers.
Top Picks for the Best Tent for Camping with Dogs
Clueless about which tent will make the best pick? In this section, we will identify some of the best products that can provide value for money.
The generous space of this tent is one of the reasons why this is on the top of our list. It can fit up to six people, which means that there is enough space for you and your dog. There is a front porch that comes with a full screen. This can provide your dog with its own space to sleep.
Because it is made from mesh, you can be sure that your dog will enjoy optimal ventilation. Another thing that you might love about this tent is the weathered system. With the latter, you and your dog will stay dry, even if it rains when you are in the campsite. Lastly, it is made from lightweight but durable fabric, making it last for a long time.
- Durable construction
- Has large windows
- Weathered system
- Can be quite heavy
- Setup may take quite some time
The mere fact that this tent is made by Coleman can already provide you with peace of mind. This is an 8-person tent. This means that it is large, but this also means that there is a lot of space. There are dividers, which will allow you to partition the tent into three. You can have a space dedicated for you, for your dog, and for your camping gear.
This is also spacious enough even for a large dog. The large door will make sure that both the owner and the dog will not have a problem getting in and out of the tent. Plus, with the premium construction of the tent, you will be happy to know that it will last for a long time.
- Generous space
- Made by a trusted brand
- Has room dividers
- Expensive price
- Can be quite heavy
If it is just you and your dog, this tent has more than enough space for what you need. You can sleep beside your dog, making sure that your pet will not be able to escape while you are in deep slumber. It is also a good thing that it comes with two mesh windows, which will offer excellent ventilation. Nonetheless, while the manufacturer claims that it has excellent waterproofing,caution must be observed when you are camping when it is raining.
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy to set up
- Made from durable fabric
- Not for wet weather
- Can be small for some
Provided that you already have a tent for yourself, this will make a great choice. It is important to note that this is designed exclusively for a dog and not for the owner. With a weight of less than 1.5 pounds, one of the best things about this is that it won’t be too much of an addition to your camping gears. It is also great that there are five mesh windows. Even during the summer months, this can offer excellent air circulation, which will make sure of the highest level of comfort of your dog.
- Provides excellent ventilation
- Simple to setup
- Good for your dog only
- Pole can easily snap
Among other things, one that we loved the most about the tent is how it comes with a large interior space. You and your dog can enter and exit without any difficulty. It is also a good thing that it is roomy. It is best for camping if it is just you and your dog. In the case of the latter, you will still have plenty of space for your gear. It is made from 100% polyester fabric. It may not be the most durable, but it helps to maintain the right temperature inside the tent, making sure of the comfort of your canine companion.
- Roomy interior
- Comes with a large door
- May lack durability
- Rain fly does not stay flat
The best tent for camping with dogs will be an essential investment for canine lovers who would like to take their pet with them when they are outdoors. Some tents are made specifically for dogs, but I would suggest that you settle for one that is roomy enough for both you and your pet.
From the five products that have been mentioned above, if there is only one that I can recommend, it would be Coleman Evantson Screened Tent. The best feature of this tent is perhaps the screened porch, which will give you dog a comfortable place to rest.