Stay Warm And Cozy With The Best Beach Blanket
Do you love the sun, sea, and sand? Do you fancy the idea of sunbathing, enjoying a cocktail, and just forgetting the hustle and bustle of the daily grind? Do you enjoy tropical vacations? If you answer yes to these questions, do you have the best beach blanket?
Chances are, many of you do not have a waterproof blanket to bring in your next beach trip. You might have sunscreens, beach chair, beach tent, and snacks, among others, but you probably forgot packing a blanket with you.
If you have no idea on which blanket to bring the next time you hit the beach, there is no need to worry. Keep on reading the rest of this post and I will help you come up with the right choice. many sellers will try to make aggressive claims that their products are better than the rest. But, do not easily fall for their marketing traps! Be a well-informed buyer to enjoy the best bang for the buck!
Types of Beach Blankets
Generally speaking, they can be categorized depending on the material that is used in the blanket or their specific purpose. With this, the following are the options that you will most probably be confronted with:
- Waterproof Blanket: This is perhaps the most popular option that you will have. You can be wet most of the time. The sand is also possibly wet. In some instances, it will rain. It is important that you have a blanket that stays dry while you enjoy the beach. Usually, the bottom layer is made from waterproof material while the top is soft.
- Parachute Blanket: This is another type of blanket that is designed specifically for the outdoors. It may not be as soft as one that is made from cotton, but its most significant benefit is that it is made from a material that repels sand. Give it a little shake and the sand will go off rather than being stuck on the surface.
- Microfiber Beach Blanket: If you are looking for space-efficiency, this is probably the best choice for you. Once it is folded, for sure, it won’t take too much space in your baggage. It has a soft texture, although sand may end up sticking on it.
- Fleece Blanket: You should choose this type of beach blanket if you want to feel warm in the beach. This is perfect if you are in a destination where it is cold, even if you are at the beach.
- Polypropylene Blanket: Durability is one of the greatest assets of this type of beach blanket. It is non-absorbent and quick-drying. It is also a good thing that it can resist both mold and mildew, making it a hygienic choice.
Choosing the Best Beach Blanket
As you try to make a decision with regards to which one to purchase, the following are some of the most important things that you must consider:
- Material: Among others, one that you should emphasize is the material that is used, which will be reflective of its quality and functionality. It should be made from a material that is long-lasting. To add, it must also be waterproof, which makes it perfect for the beach. Some of the most popular materials include polyester fleece and flannel.
- Size and Weight: At all times, the best option is one that is compact and lightweight, which means that it will be easy for you to bring it to the beach. It must not consume too much space in your baggage.
- Features: Not all blankets are created the same. You might want to look at the extra features, especially if you want the best value for money. It will be good if there are pockets, providing you with space to keep your valuables.
- Comfort: Beach days are lazy days. More often than not, all that you want is to just relax and leave everything behind. With this, choose a blanket that will deliver optimal comfort. For instance, it will be good if there is some sort of padding, but it should not be too thick as it could add up to the weight and bulk of the blanket.
- Ease of Cleaning and Maintenance: To retain the tip-top condition of the blanket, regular cleaning is a must. This will not be good only for aesthetics, but also for making sure that there will be no mold or mildew. Choose a blanket that is made from materials that will be easy to clean or can resist stain.
Top Picks for the Best Beach Blanket
Still cannot decide which one to pick? If you are having a hard time deciding, we are here to make your life a lot easier. Below are five of the products you might want to consider.
This might be an expensive option for the best blanket for summer, but it will be surely worth it. One thing that you will love about this product is the patented pocket design, which is imitated by many. With the latter, there is no need for slippers or any other heavy stuff to keep the blanket from being blown by the wind.
It is made from parachute nylon. It may lack waterproofing, but the good thing is that it dries quickly. It also does not stick on the skin, which is probably one thing that contributes to its comfort.
Lastly, it also has generous amount of space while being in a surprisingly lightweight package.
- Lightweight construction
- Stays cool to the touch
- A bit expensive
- Too thin for some people
Your beach trips will never be the same with this blanket. It is also designed with unique sand pockets, making it easy to pin it down.
The size of the blanket is another thing that we loved. Compared to most of its competitors, it is 20% bigger. This means that there is bigger room for you to move around without worrying that sand will get on your way.
The parachute nylon that is used in the beach blanket also makes it exceptional, especially when it comes to durability. It is also breathable and can prevent sand from sticking on the surface.
- Generous size but compact
- Durable construction
- Designed with sand pockets
- Can easily get wet
- Gets hot when exposed for a long time in the sun
With a size of 65x55 inches, this can be a bit small for people who are looking for space. On the other hand, because of its size, you can also expect that it will be portable.
In terms of its construction, it is a good thing that it is water, sand, and dust-proof. This is one of the reasons why it is the perfect beach companion.
Lastly, it comes with its own pouch bag for ease of carrying. There is even a carabiner, which will allow you to clip it on your bag.
- Lightweight and compact
- Comes with a carrying bag
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Too thin for some people
- Small size
If size is an important consideration, this is what you should pick. The largest comes with a size of 8 x 8 feet, which the manufacturer claims to be the largest within the product category.
In terms of materials, it is made from ultralight parachute nylon making it long-lasting but lightweight. This can also easily repel sand.
Aside from the sand pockets, there are extra ground stakes that are included. With this, you can easily pin it down, although some people reported that it is easy even for light breeze to blow it away.
- Large size
- Made from durable materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Can be easily blown by wind
- A bit expensive
Size is perhaps the best thing about this beach blanket. It is made in such a way that it can be handy. You can fold and unfold it in a snap.
If you want to have peace of mind, the manufacturer is offering one-year warranty. Meanwhile, they also provide lifetime customer support.
For your comfort, it is a good thing that it is made from a material that stays cool even after prolonged exposure to the heat of the sun. More so, because it its thin, it also dries quickly.
- Comes with its own bag
- Easy to clean
- Can be too thin
- Prone to being punctured
So, what is the beach blanket? If you were to ask me, I would pick Grand Trunk Parasheet Beach / Picnic Blanket. You will surely be happy over the fact that it is lightweight and durable, which are two of the most important things for a blanket that you can bring in your next beach getaway. It also repels sand, dries quickly, and stays cool. This will be a dependable outdoor companion that will ensure your highest level of comfort.