Best Beach Chair : Your Perfect Companion for Lazy Days
It’s time to head to the beach! Bathe under the heat of the sun, swim in crystal-clear water, and have fun in the outdoors. This is the perfect way to take a break from the daily grind and be rejuvenated. To make it even a better experience, make sure to bring the best beach chair with you. This will provide a comfortable place to lounge on while you enjoy tropical paradise.
Looking for a lightweight chair that you can bring to the beach? If you search online, you will be overwhelmed with the abundance of the options that are available. In this guide, we will help you to come up with the right choice. Learn more about five of the top options that you can find on the market, as well as the features that make them commendable.
Types of Beach Chair
Before anything else, the first thing that you have to do is to decide on the specific type of beach chair that you need. In this case, the following are some of the options that are available:
- Folding Beach Chair: This is one of the most popular options, which is known for being portable. It comes with a low sitting base, perfect for relaxation. It has a folding frame that makes it easy to have it set and taken down.
- Zero Gravity Chair: It is a chair inspired by NASA technology. It will provide you with infinite recline positions, which will come handy if you would like to take a nap. It is also effective in relieving pressure from the back, making it more relaxing.
- Canopy Beach Chair: It is pretty much similar to the design of the folding beach chair. The biggest difference is that it comes with canopy that will provide protection from the harsh heat of the sun.
- Chaise Lounge: Typically bigger than the regular beach chair, this is the ideal choice if you want to get a full tan. It has an extended seating area, providing a place where your feet can rest. It can also be fully-reclining.
Essential Factors to Consider
As you try to differentiate the options that you can find in the market, below are some of the factors that will have an impact on your decision:
- Frame: The material that is used in the frame is one of the most important since it will be indicative of the durability and portability of the product. With this, some of the most popular choices are steel, aluminum, wood, and plastic. The frame must be resistant to rust and corrosion, especially because it will often get wet.
- Fabric: When talking about the materials of the beach chair, you also have to pay attention to the fabric that is used in the actual sitting area. Polyester, nylon, and canvas are some of the most common materials that you will find. The material should be stain and mildew-resistant. Also, it should be quick drying, and most of all, comfortable.
- Capacity: You should also pay attention to the load capacity of the beach chair. For heavier users, make sure that the chair is made from sturdy materials that can support your weight. Most of the beach chairs have a 250-pound weight capacity, although there are also some that could go as high as 300 pounds.
- Portability: It will be good if the chair is foldable, which will make it easy for you to bring it to the beach. Once it is collapsed, it will take minimal storage space and can easily fit in the trunk of your car. It will not be too much of an addition to the gears you have to bring with you.
- Features: The more features there are in a beach chair, the more expensive it can possibly be. One feature that you might want is a canopy, which will also provide shade from the heat of the sun. It will also be good if there is a bottle holder on the side. A headrest will also be good.
- Recline Adjustments: This is a good feature if you want to use the beach chair for taking a nap or for sunbathing. More often than not, you can adjust the back and at its lowest level, you can even convert the chair into a portable beach bed.
Top Picks for the Best Beach Chair
In this section, we will have a quick look at some of the best products you might want to consider.
This is a top pick if you are on the lookout for the best chair for heavy people. Based on the specifications from the manufacturer, it has a weight capacity of 325 pounds, which makes it one of the best within the product category.
In terms of portability, this can also be an excellent choice. Once it is folded, it is space-efficient. Plus, there is a carrying bag that makes it easy to transport.
While the fabric is thin and lightweight, it is a good thing that it is fully-cushioned. This means that it will be able to offer optimal relaxation.
- Made by a trusted brand
- High weight capacity
- Has a built-in armrest
- Fabric can easily crumple
- Not as durable
With a weight capacity of 300 pounds, this is another option that can be perfect for people who are heavy. It has aluminum powder-coated frame, which is lightweight and durable.
This can be a good option for the best backpack beach chair because of its compact size. Yet, even if it is easy to bring, it does not fall short when it comes to comfort. There is a thick headrest for your comfort. Also, it can be adjusted in four different positions to suit your needs.
Lastly, it is also extra wide. This means that you will not feel cramped and there will be sufficient room for you to move.
- Has an adjustable position
- Comfortable headrest
- Durable frame
- A bit expensive
- Can be too low on the ground
You might be easily discouraged when you see the expensive price of this product. Nonetheless, this can be justified by the fact that it is already inclusive of two chairs, plus there is even a tote bag included.
In terms of comfort, this can also prove to be an exceptional choice. There is a padded headrest, making it the ultimate companion for relaxing days by the beach. For sure, it will be easy for you to take a nap. There are also five recline positions. You can adjust it to a completely flat position and use it as a daybed.
When it comes to carrying the chairs, you will not have a problem as well. Aside from being lightweight, it is also a good thing that there are padded shoulder straps.
- Comes with rust-proof frame
- Has a headrest
- Folding the chair can be difficult
- Can be too low for some people
If you are on the lookout for the best folding beach chair, make sure to include this in your choices. The best thing about this product is the canopy, which protects the face from too much heat from the sun.
Another good thing about the sunshade is that it comes with a patented technology. With this, it will be easy to have it raised or lowered. You can eve have it tilted based on the position that is desired.
- Protects you from the sun
- Lightweight materials
- Designed with bottle holders
- Minimal weight capacity
- Fabric is a bit thin
Comfort is one of the best things about this product, making it the ultimate beach companion. It is an excellent choice because of the mesh fabric that offers optimal breathability. This encourages ventilation to keep you cool.
The frame is made from a combination of steel and aluminum. You can expect it to be durable. When it comes to weight capacity, meanwhile, it can support up to 250 pounds.
Lastly, it is also convenient. It is easy to have it folded and there is a shoulder bag that is included for ease of carrying.
- Made from high-quality materials
- Cannot be reclined
- No armrest
What is the best beach chair? From the five products that have been mentioned earlier, if there is only one that I can choose, it will be Coleman Oversized Quad Chair with Cooler. It is made by a trusted brand, which can provide you with peace of mind. It is perfect even for heavy users. It is made from sturdy frames, which will allow it to withstand the test of time. There is also a convenient cooler that is included. Given its portable and lightweight design, bringing it to your next beach trip will surely be hassle-free.