An Outdoor Enthusiast’s Guide for the Best Camping Hot Tub to Buy
Camping is definitely not the most luxurious activity, which is exactly the reason why it is dreaded by many people. However, if you love the outdoors and if you want to have a memorable camping trip, there are some things that you can do. For instance, you might want to consider buying the best camping hot tub, which is perfect if you are out in chilly temperature. This will transform the camp grounds into a relaxing spot.
With a portable hot tub camping, you will have a glamorous experience. For sure, this will make you excited for the next trip. However, you should keep in mind that not all products are created the same. You should exert effort in the evaluation of the alternatives, which will increase the likelihood of making the right choice.
In the rest of this post, we will tackle everything you need to know about camping hot tubs, including the essential factors to consider and the top picks that are available in the market. Read on and be well-informed on how to choose the best!
What Are Benefits of Camping Hot Tub ?
If you have been camping for a long time now and if you still do not have a portable hot tub, chances are, it is because you do not know the many benefits that they can offer. With this, here are some of the things that might compel you to buy one:
- It Has Health Benefits: Hot tubs, in general, can be good for your health. Some of its benefits include improvement of sleep, reduction of stress, relief from inflammation, lower blood sugar, lower blood pressure, and more radiant skin.
- It Is Relaxing: Since camping can be a physically demanding activity, nothing beats having a portable hot tub so you can relax. Because of the heat in the water, this can effectively relax the joints and provide relief from body pain.
- It is Versatile: A camping hot tub can be used beyond the campsite. You can easily bring it anywhere. Whether you are headed to the beach or you just want to relax in the backyard, it will surely be a handy equipment to have.
- It Is Easy to Store: Another great thing about movable tubs is their space-efficiency. When they are deflated or collapsed, the size is significantly reduced. It won’t be too much of an addition in your camping gear. When not used, it will also require minimal storage space.
Types of Portable Hot Tubs
Generally, they can be classified into two:
- Inflatable Hot Tubs: Many of these hot tubs are made from thick vinyl. You need to have an air pump with you to inflate the hot tub whenever you are ready to use it.
- Collapsible Hot Tub: On the other hand, if it is collapsible, there are more moving parts. Installation can be more difficult and will end up being time-intensive as well.
Choosing the Best Camping Hot Tub
Before you make a decision with regards to which one to buy, make sure that the following things will be taken into account:
- Reviews: Start by gathering feedbacks from other people. You can learn a lot from their experiences, especially with regards to ease of use and durability. This will be a good starting point to narrow down the possibilities that you will be confronted with.
- Materials: This is one thing that will be reflective of the overall quality and functionality of the product. Vinyl is a common material of choice. It is important to make sure that it can resist punctures, which will allow the hot tub to last longer.
- Weight: Since it is a portable hot tub, lightweight is always better. This means that it will be easier for you to bring it outdoors. Nonetheless, while minimal weight can be a good thing, see to it that durability is not compromised.
- Capacity: Do you need a portable hot tub good for a single person, for couples, or for a large group? Consider how many people can use the hot tub at a time. The larger the hot tub is, generally, the more expensive it will be.
- Cleaning and Maintenance: You should also choose one that will be effortless to clean and maintain, making it easier to extend its life span. Some products may have clean filtration system, which will make it a snap to maintain it in its tip-top condition.
Top Choices for the Best Camping Hot Tub
Still clueless about which one to buy for your next glamping trip? Below are five of the products that will definitely provide the best bang for the buck.
If you are brand conscious, this is one option you might want to consider. Coleman has built a reputation as one of the best companies for tough outdoor products, which can already make you confident about what to expect from this portable hot tub.
Among other things, the Digital Control Panel is one of the most impressive in this product. It has automatic start and stop. There is also an option for the Lay-Z Massage system, which will make it more relaxing. The control panel makes it easy to set the temperature that is desired.
When it comes to strength, it can also prove to be exceptional. It uses Tri-Tech 3 Ply Reinforced material. To add, there are two layers of PVC and mesh core. The combination of these materials will ensure that it is built to withstand tough and long-term use.
Lastly, the air pad floor is also commendable, which makes it unique compared to many others. This is important not only for your comfort, but can also effectively provide more insulation. This means that there is lesser tendency that heat will be lost.
- Made by a trusted brand
- Comes with an air pad floor
- Provides great value for money
- Only available in a single color
- LED display can be hard to see during daytime
Looking for a relaxing experience during your camping trip? This portable hot tub will do the trick. Good for two to four people, this product can be assembled within a few minutes. You are not required to use any tool!
One thing that can make this an excellent choice is the Rapid Heating System. There is no need for you to wait for a long time before water gets hot enough.
Also, there is a digital control panel, one thing that makesit user-friendly. You have the option to set the temperature that you want at a maximum of 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Using the digital control, you can also easily activate the Lay-Z Spa Massage System. It has 120 bubble jets that will offer the perfect relief from body pain.
The I-Beam construction is another good reason to consider this model. This allows the portable hot tub to retain its shape. Also, because the walls are sturdy, you can easily sit on the side without worrying that the tub will collapse.
- Good for up to four people
- Easy to setup
- Durable construction
- Filter is in the wrong position
- Hard to stay fully inflated
Since this portable hot tub comes with a 6-person capacity, it may be heavier compared to most of the options that are mentioned in this post. Still, despite its weight, it can be an excellent choice especially if you won’t have to trek on your way to the campsite.
The Lay-Z Spa Massage System is one of the greatest features of this product. Once it is activated, there are water jets that will surely offer a more relaxing experience.
If you are looking for an option that will be excellent for durability, this should be on the top of your list. One feature that makesit long-lasting is the use of three-ply material. This is thick enough to resist punctures, making it able to withstand wear and tear. The wall also has an integrated beam so that you can sit even on the side.
Lastly, even the floor comes with an air pad cushioning. This will make it more comfortable when your feet touch the ground. Also, this effectively locks in heat.
- Excellent water filtration
- Easy to use digital control
- Generous capacity
- A bit expensive
- Can be heavy
If there is one thing that gives it a distinction amongst its competitors, it would be the presence of LED lights, which change into 7 colors. This does not only improve style, but can also create a more relaxing mood. It should be noted, however, that the light can attract bugs.
The leatheroid exterior of the hot tub is also worth highlighting. It has the ability to resist puncture. This is one of the reasons why it is given favorable ratings when it comes to durability. Also, because of the thickness of the wall, heat will not be easily lost.
It also comes with an inflatable cover, which is even made better by the inclusion of safety locks. You can cover the hot tub when not used and this will help to keep dirt away.
- Comes with decorative lights
- Cushioned floor
- Has an inflatable cover
- A bit expensive
- Light can attract bugs
While there are many things that you might find to be impressive in this product, one of the best is that it offers hard water treatment. This will help to get rid of impurities in the water, making it better for your skin and health. It creates suspended crystals to eliminate calcium and other components that are commonly found in hard water.
The portable hot tub can hold as much as 210 gallons of water. The space is big enough for four people.
Another good reason to choose this is its ability to trap heat. This can be vital when it comes to energy-efficiency. It comes with an insulated cover that will be important in making sure that the water remains hot for a long time.
For convenience and portability, it can also be an impressive choice. Although some complained that it can be a bit heavy, it comes with handles on the side, making it easy to transport. There is also a carrying bag, allowing you to keep everything organized during your trip.
- Provides hard water treatment
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Traps heat efficiently
- Can easily lose air
- A bit heavy for some
Tips in Using Portable Hot Tub
It is important to keep the following things in mind to make the most out of your camping hot tub:
- Pay attention to proper installation. Read and follow the instructions from the manufacturer. You should set it up in a flat surface. This will allow the tub to uniformly support weight.
- To prolong the functional life of the inflatable hot tub, avoid wearing sharp objects. This can easily puncture the material of the tub. Fortunately, many models are built to resist punctures.
- Safety is a critical consideration. With this, one thing you should do is to connect the unit to a dedicated source of power. This will prevent the possibility of having short circuit. Also, see to it that the plug will not get wet as it can lead to electrocution.
Complete your glamping experience by investing in a high-quality portable hot tub. It is a great investment to have a more relaxing trip. It can be used not only in the campsite, but even in the backyard.
What is the best camping hot tub? If I have to pick one from the five products earlier reviewed, it will most probably be Coleman Lay-Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub. It is made by a dependable global brand, which can already be an assurance of its quality. It has a massagesystemto provide you not only hot water, but even jets that will help you feel relaxed and rejuvenated.